Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Red Pine & Moose!

Cory and I hiked a trail up to Red Pine Lake, which is the first leg of the ascent up to the peak Pfeifferhorn, one of the highest peaks in the Wasatch Mountains (ten miles roundtrip to the peak; elevation gain of 3,700 feet). The trail was not easy, due to snow, water, and debris, but wasn't too bad since we stopped at Red Pine Lake and didn't continue on to summit Pfeifferhorn (something we're going to do this coming summer!).

Also, ever since I heard about moose coming down from the mountains and looking for water in people's backyards (even one down by my house!), I had been talking about how much I was dying to see a moose. At Red Pine, I finally did!! The young bull was all by himself, no more than 30 feet from the edge of the parking lot. He definitely saw us, but didn't mind at all and just kept eating.



No comments: