Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Book Blog!


I'm not sure if everyone knows, but I am slowly working my way through a list of 99+ books that appear most frequently on the Praxis II Literature Content Knowledge Exam. This is the test I have to take this coming November in order to be approved for (student) teaching. They can ask you to identify a quote, explain a quote, determine the author, determine the time period in which it was written, etc. It's a nightmare of a test, but preparing for it has been fun thus far! I will not make it through the whole list by November, but I figure if I want to be a great teacher, I'd better read them all anyways.


On this site you will find that each post is dedicated to a specific work. I'll have a summary, my own opinion, and a classic school grade: A through F. If you are a fellow book nerd, or just looking for a recommendation, click "Click Here" over on the right side of this page, under my "Just Finished" section. Every once in a while I'll throw in a contemporary read just for the fun of it.

No comments: